Installation problem on Suse linux 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wim Ceulemans
Subject Installation problem on Suse linux 6.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I can't seem to install the latest postgresql opn Suse linux 6.3 (kernel
2.2.13, glibc 2.1.2). I always get the following message when I run
./configure :

checking for c++... c++
checking wheather the C++ compiler (C++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem': C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

I checked if I did install all C/C++ related packages and that seems to
be ok.
Does anybody have any idea?

P.S.
Searching the mailing list archives on postgresql.org does not seem to
work anymore (the result is always nothing found)?

Regards

Wim Ceulemans
wim.ceulemans@nice.be