Some questions about the NetWare Port - please comment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ulrich Neumann
Subject Some questions about the NetWare Port - please comment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello together,

after some discussions with you and other people I want to add all
changes and additions that i've done with PostgreSQL back to you.
In order to do this I thought of the following way:
(If someone can comment on these ideas this would be great.)

- I've created a folder pgsql/src/NetWare.
- This folder contains a GNU makefile for NetWare to build all the
components.
- currently there are 10 netware specific sourcefiles in this folder.
My idea
is to reduce the number and the size of these files in the future by
enhancing
NetWare and the C libraries on NetWare itself.
- I want to submit one component at a time to you that everybody can
easily
follow what i've changed. I want to start with libpq, the second
component will
be PSQL and so on...
- 3 of the 8 mentioned sourcefiles are files that are heavily changed
for NetWare
and I don't want to change the original files in this case. I think
it's better to have
a copy of these files in the NetWare folder. This gives me the chance
to use some
special features of the NetWare platform without confusing people
working on
other platforms. These files are postmaster.c, pgstat.c and
postgres.c.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you

Ulrich