JDBC with PostgreSQL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Hargrave
Subject JDBC with PostgreSQL 7.2
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, hope this is the right email address.

We are in the process of upgrading and have encountered problems with TimeStamps with JDBC.

When trying to insert a record and then retrieve it we get a "String index out of range" exception thrown. It looks as
thoughthe "nano" section is causing the problem, if I edit the record and remove it, the record can then be retrieved.

Any ideas/patches would be much appreciated. I enclose the code that worked on previous releases.

Thanks, Tom

Insert/Update Code (works but seems to truncate nano)
==================================
_preparedstmt.setTimestamp(1, new java.sql.Timestamp(new Date().getTime()));

Retrieve Code (Only works after nano removed)
=============================
java.util.Date _tmpdate = (java.util.Date) _resultset.getTimestamp(2);

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION

IMPORTANT: This message is intended for the addressee only and is privileged and
confidential.  If you are not the addressee, then please DO NOT read, copy or
distribute it, but reply to the sender that you received it in error and delete it.  Thank
you.

Fisher Scientific U.K., Limited.

Registered Office:
Bishop Meadow Road,