Re: Thread or not threads? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AV
Subject Re: Thread or not threads?
Date
List pgsql-general
If your driver jdbc2.0 compliant, look at
batch processing. Choice between
one connection and many connections is not
obvious. Good driver is supposed to handle
many processes per one connection.

I would suggest starting with connection pool and 10 threads
with 10 connections doing batch update by chunks of
100 records. Than you can optimize parameters...

AlexV