[GENERAL] Clients in different Time Zones - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary MacMinn
Subject [GENERAL] Clients in different Time Zones
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I have written a small help desk database using pgsql, Linux, apache and PHP3 to generate HTML pages. The system in
itselfworks well but I have staff from four different time zones using the system.

As it stands now, when a new job is entered, the date in and time in fields are primed with the current date and time
usingdate("d-M-Y") and date("H:i:s", time()). This is fine but it inserts the details from the server time zone (fine
forme but the others are up to two hours off).

Is there any way that these fields could be primed with a time and date, taking the client's local time zone or local
systemtime into account so that they see their local time instead of my server time?

TIA,

Gary MacMinn