Re: [GENERAL] Clients in different Time Zones - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Jewiss
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Clients in different Time Zones
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Gary MacMinn wrote:

> As it stands now, when a new job is entered, the date in and time in
> fields are primed with the current date and time using date("d-M-Y")
> and date("H:i:s", time()). This is fine but it inserts the details
> from the server time zone (fine for me but the others are up to two
> hours off).

Do the different sites run the PHP application from a local server, and
connect to a remote database? If this is the case, one solution is to
change the code in the PHP script so that you set a variable relevant to
the time zone.

You then use this to alter time data you select from tables before
displaying it on screen. It could work by just being an offset in hours
from the database time server.

Or if everyone uses the same script then you could tell by the users login
which site they are in and then change the time accordingly.

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Jewiss