Updating datetime fields with NULL values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary MacMinn
Subject Updating datetime fields with NULL values
Date
List pgsql-sql
Morning All,

Is it possible to clear a datetime field to NULL? If so, how? In trying an update (update test set d1='' where
t1='Text2';)I get an error of Bad datetime external representation ''

TIA,
Gary MacMinn
Table    = test
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
| t1                               | text                             |   var |
| d1                               | datetime                         |     8 |