Re: [SQL] Updating datetime fields with NULL values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From John Ziniti
Subject Re: [SQL] Updating datetime fields with NULL values
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hey Gary,

Use the keyword NULL as your value:

pipeline=> create table testme (datetimetest datetime);
CREATE
pipeline=> insert into testme (datetimetest) values ('now');
INSERT 1509043 1
pipeline=> select * from testme;
datetimetest
----------------------------
Tue Nov 16 17:56:09 1999 EST
(1 row)

pipeline=> update testme set datetimetest=NULL;
UPDATE 1
pipeline=> select * from testme;
datetimetest
(1 row)

Gary MacMinn wrote:

> Morning All,
>
> Is it possible to clear a datetime field to NULL? If so, how? In trying an update (update test set d1='' where
t1='Text2';)I get an error of Bad datetime external representation ''

--
John Ziniti
Mass General Hospital