Re: ODBC Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Simpson
Subject Re: ODBC Support
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff, Tom,

Thank you for your responses. Perhaps I need to clarify.

I'm trying to run a windoze front-end application (which I didn't write) against a PostgreSQL back-end. So I presume it's the Windoze ODBC drivers I need (I have these, although it would seem that there are several varieties available - is there a list around anywhere?).

I have been having all sorts of issues with getting the beast to work, which I was hoping this procedure would fix.

Do I understand it that the extra config. option simply provides ODBC client drivers on the *nix platform? If so, then I don't think I need them because I'm not connecting from the *nix box (is that correct?)

The odbc.sql file - since I didn't write the app, it is quite possible that it uses odbc functions which are considered "standard" without my knowledge. I'd certainly like to rule this out as the cause of my problems. Where can I get hold of this file? I need Postgres to behave in as standard an odbc way as possible.

Thanks again,

Paul Simpson