Re: group by before and after date - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From PFC
Subject Re: group by before and after date
Date
List pgsql-sql
> I have 2 tables 1 has a date field and component need by that date and
> the
> other has all the upcoming orders.
> I am trying to build a query that will give me the Date and ComponentNeed
> and also how many components have been ordered before that date and how
> many
> after.
> PostGreSQL is telling me I need to group on DatePromisedBy. I have tried
> number of different possibilities which haven't worked and now I have run
> into brain freeze. Any help would be appreciated.

You could :SELECT ..., sum( stuff ), ..., (DatePromisedBy > a_particular_date) as
after GROUP BY after
You'll get two lines, one the sum of things before  a_particular_date,
one of things after  a_particular_date. Look in the 'after' field to know
which is which.