Re: Newbie wonder... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From PFC
Subject Re: Newbie wonder...
Date
List pgsql-sql
If you want to add a SERIAL field to an existing table, create a sequence
and then create an integer field with default nextval(seq) and postgres
will fill it automatically. The order in which it will fill it is not
guaranteed though !
However, you might also like to de-dupe your data once it's in the
additional tables, thus you might need more complicated measures.