PREPARE and stuff - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From PFC
Subject PREPARE and stuff
Date
Re: PREPARE and stuff  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-performance
    Suppose a web application with persistent database connections.
    I have some queries which take longer to plan than to execute !

    I with there was a way to issue a PREPARE (like "PERSISTENT PREPARE").
    Now all Postgres connections would know that prepared statement foo( $1,
$2, $3 ) corresponds to some SQL query, but it wouldn't plan it yet. Just
like a SQL function.
    When invoking EXECUTE foo( 1,2,3 ) on any given connection the statement
would get prepared and planned. Then on subsequent invocations I'd just
get the previously prepared plan.

    Is this planned ?