Re: Background writer configuration - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From PFC
Subject Re: Background writer configuration
Date
List pgsql-performance
I got this :

template1=# select version();
                                                                  version

  PostgreSQL 8.1.2 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (Gentoo 3.4.4-r1, ssp-3.4.4-1.0,
pie-8.7.8)
(1 ligne)

Normally you should get a noticeable performance boost by using userland
executables compiled for the 64 platform... strange...