Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From PFC
Subject Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of
Date
Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Guido Neitzer <guido.neitzer@pharmaline.de>)
List pgsql-performance
>> And yes, it does become natural to ask "why not write CGIs in ASM?"
>> ;-)

    Personally, I'd code it in brainfuck, for aesthetic reasons.

> And that, nowadays, is generally the state of web development.  It's not
> the language you're using to write it in, it's how efficiently you're
> using your database.  We can probably tweak the system we're testing now
> and get more from our databases by adjusting how hibernate hits them,
> and the types of queries that it's throwing, but in the long run, the
> bottleneck will always be the database server, because we can throw
> relatively small amounts of money at the other layers if they happen to
> be bogging down.  Not so much with the database.

    So, one wonders why some use 70's languages like Java instead of Lisp or
Python, which are slower, but a lot more powerful and faster to develop
in...
    (and don't have hibernate, which is a big bonus)
    (why do you think I don't like Java ?)