Re: I need to take metadata from a shell script. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: I need to take metadata from a shell script.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6 May 2010 08:57, Jaume Calm <jaume@isac.cat> wrote:

Hi! I was searching for a command like pg_dumpall but with the difference that I don’t want a single file for all databases, i would like to have a file for each one.

I couldn’t fins such command, so the only option I see is to write a shell script with a loop for all the DBs. The problem is that I’m unable to find the way to obtain the DBs’ names in a shell script. Can someone help me with this?

Best regards and thank you all for your time.

You could try:

psql -l | cut -d "|" -f 1 | tail -n +4 | head -n -2

A bit hacky, and there might be a better way.

Regards

Thom