Re: I need to take metadata from a shell script. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: I need to take metadata from a shell script.
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Jaume Calm <jaume@isac.cat> wrote:

Hi! I was searching for a command like pg_dumpall but with the difference that I don’t want a single file for all databases, i would like to have a file for each one.

I couldn’t fins such command, so the only option I see is to write a shell script with a loop for all the DBs. The problem is that I’m unable to find the way to obtain the DBs’ names in a shell script. Can someone help me with this?

 for line in  `psql -t postgres -c "select datname from pg_database" `; do printf "$line\n"; done

--Scott

Best regards and thank you all for your time.