Re: pg_dump 2GB limit? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: pg_dump 2GB limit?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Laurette Cisneros <laurette@nextbus.com> writes:

> Oops sent the wrong uname, here's the one from the machine we compiled on:
> Linux lept 2.4.16 #6 SMP Fri Feb 8 13:31:46 PST 2002 i686 unknown
>
> and has: libc-2.2.2.so
>
> We use ./configure
>
> Still a problem?

Might be.  Make sure you have up to date kernel and libs on the
compile machine and the one you're running on.  Make sure your
filesystem supports files greater than 2GB.

Also, if you are using shell redirection to create the output file,
it's possible the shell isn't using the right open() flags.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/
     Custom software development, systems and network consulting.     Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache