Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Cloos
Subject Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong?
Date
Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong?
List pgsql-hackers

ST> That said, the documentation here says FLOAT4 is an alias for REAL,
ST> so it's somewhat nonintuitive for FLOAT4 to be so much slower than
ST> FLOAT8, which is an alias for DOUBLE PRECISION.

There are some versions of glibc where doing certain math on double is
faster than doing it on float, depending on how things are compiled.

Maybe this is one of them?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6