Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-general
"Mark Coffman" <mark@epilogue.net> writes:

> I know the differences between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE have been discussed
> before, but I'd like to know how you schedule your cleaning jobs.  Right now
> I do a
>
> VACUUM
> VACUUM ANALYZE
>
> every hour... it takes about 3 minutes to run both.  Should I run ANALYZE
> less often?

ANALYZE includes regular VACUUM functionality, so you don't have to do
both.  So you're probably down to 2 minutes now.  ;)

There's nothing wrong with running every hour--it depends on the
size and activity level of your DB.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863