Re: table size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: table size
Date
List pgsql-general
"ccruise" <ccruise@rvamerica.com> writes:

> I have postgres 7.2.  I have a web page that uses coldfusion scripting to
> insert the contents of a form into a table.  One of the items on the form is
> a place to put comments.  To insert the data into the table, I used cold
> fusion's url encode which converts all not alpha text into their hex values.
> IE: spaces gets converted to %20 and so on.  It seemed like a good idea to
> avoid having to attempted to catch for ' or " that may be entered into the
> comment until I got an error saying the query string was too long.  Is there
> a limit in postgres on how long the query string can be?

Not currently.  Make sure you're running PG 7.1 or later and using the
latest ODBC driver.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...