Re: table size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ccruise
Subject Re: table size
Date
List pgsql-general
I have postgres 7.2.  I have a web page that uses coldfusion scripting to
insert the contents of a form into a table.  One of the items on the form is
a place to put comments.  To insert the data into the table, I used cold
fusion's url encode which converts all not alpha text into their hex values.
IE: spaces gets converted to %20 and so on.  It seemed like a good idea to
avoid having to attempted to catch for ' or " that may be entered into the
comment until I got an error saying the query string was too long.  Is there
a limit in postgres on how long the query string can be?

Thank You
Charles Cruise
System Administrator
RV America OnLine