Re: Name that project contest! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Name that project contest!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
mitch.pirtle@gmail.com (Mitch Pirtle) wrote:
> I know this will cause some groans, but if the target market is
> business, and more specifically the enterprise, why not just call it
> 'PostgreSQL Enterprise Edition'?
>
> Perhaps not sexy, or humorous, but it is clear and consise exactly as
> to what the purpose is, while still being tied to the PostgreSQL name.

Actually, no, it's not "consise" as to purpose; it doesn't actually
imply anything about what the purpose is.

I'd generally expect "Enterprise Edition" to indicate the addition of
transaction-oriented functionality.  2PC, automagic JavaBeans, that
sort of thing.

Plausible names might include:
 - PostgreStar
 - CubeSQL