Re: PostgresSQL Halting System Boot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: PostgresSQL Halting System Boot
Date
List pgsql-general
Matias Silva <matiassilva@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I fix this?
>
> I check the PostgreSQL logs and the only thing that stands out is
> "Do you want to choose a different one? [n]Your default context is
> user_u:system_r:unconfined_t.". However when I search Google, I find
> nothing.

Dunno the actual cause.  Someone else will.

Ok, so if you start the server again after booting you're going to get
prompted the same way.  Try starting it with logging NOT directed to a
file.

$ su - postgres
$ pg_ctl start

Should prompt you.  Now see if redirecting the null file to stdin lets
the server start without waiting.

$ pg_ctl start </dev/null

Or...

$ echo n | pg_ctl start

If any of these workarounds suffice, edit them into your
/etc/init.d/postgresql script.

HTH

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile    http://www.JerrySievers.com/