Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres:
Date
List pgsql-general
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, greg@CopelandConsulting.Net (Greg Copeland) transmitted:
> While I have read that many expect serial ATA to seriously challenge
> SCSI I honestly have no idea where the rhetoric stops and reality
> begins.  I'd hazard a guess we'll really not know the whole truth until
> samples become widely available from multiple sources including drives,
> drivers, and host interfaces.

I'd see Serial ATA being a "serious challenger" if it allowed you to
cheaply build some "embarrassingly-parallel" RAID servers where you
were able to get 16 drives hooked up, each on its own ATA 'bus' for
about the price of 4-way SCSI.

But the intended market is doubtless the super-price-conscious market,
which naturally leads to the overall quality of the results being
pretty compromised.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sgml.html