Re: compiling on sco - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: compiling on sco
Date
List pgsql-general
jtp <john@akadine.com> writes:

> we're attempting to compile postgres on a box running open server 5 using
> sco's development tools and gnu's make (gmake).  somewhere in the make it
> came back with the following lines from which we can't discern the
> errors?  can anyone help point this out?  or is sco a hopeless cause?
> (it's 7.0.3 that's being installed for compatibility reasons)

Looks like an internal compiler error with the SCO cc.  What a
surprise.  You might consider installing GCC and using that to compile
PG, which might work better.  The gotcha there is you may have trouble
linking SCO-compiled client apps with GCC-compiled PG libraries.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863