Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle
Date
List pgsql-general
"Wynn, Robin" <RWynn@northropgrumman.com> writes:

> > Hi...
> >
> > We're using an older version of PostgreSQL (6.5.1, to be precise), and
> > we're running into a problem where during certain inserts and queries we
> > receive a message "Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle".

6.5.1 is old.  Really really really old.  Amazingly old.  It also has
a lot of bugs that are fixed in later versions (the current version is
7.3).  It's not even the latest version in the 6.5 series (I think
there was a 6.5.3).

You would probably do well to test your application under 7.3 and see
if you run into any problems.  People here aren't going to put any
effort into trying to debug 5-year-old software.  ;)

-Doug