Re: Upgrading Extension, version numbers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Upgrading Extension, version numbers
Date
Re: Upgrading Extension, version numbers  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> As Tom pointed out, you can do the same with naming conventions by having scripts \i each other as appropriate.

This is a deprecated idea, though.  We're talking about the
pg_execute_from_file() patch that has been applied, but without the
pg_execute_sql_file() function.  So that part is internal to the backend
extension code and not available from SQL anymore.

There's no consensus to publish a bakend \i like function.  So there's
no support for this upgrade script organizing you're promoting.  Unless
the consensus changes again (but a commit has been done).

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine