Re: Range Types and extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Range Types and extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't like the idea of having a capability which is not utilized
> in core.  We should make it so extensions can *also* have access to
> define their own, but we should have the basics covered in core.

Well if another part of core depends on the feature set, then of course
you don't have a choice to make it an extension any more.  I think
that's where I would draw the line.

> Having it as a core extension might work, but I'm not really 'sold' on
> it.

Well, core extension means built by default, part of default regression
tests and all.  The regression test simply begins with the create
extension stanza, that's about it.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine