Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Date
Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> So, to the question “do we want hard deadlines?” I think the answer is
> “no”, to “do we need hard deadlines?”, my answer is still “no”, and to
> the question “does this very change should be considered this late?” my
> answer is yes.
>
> Because it really changes the game for PostgreSQL users.

Much as I hate to say it (I too want to keep our schedule as
predictable and organised as possible), I have to agree. Assuming the
patch is good, I think this is something we should push into 9.1. It
really could be a game changer.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com