Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> DATA_built = sql/$(EXTENSION)--$(EXTVERSION).sql
> DATA = $(filter-out sql/$(EXTENSION)--$(EXTVERSION).sql, $(wildcard
> sql/*--*.sql))
>
> Is that right?

I think that's still breaking VPATH builds because the widlcard call
happens in the current tree, not in the VPATH (source) tree.

And VPATH building of extension is crucially important for me, as the
easiest way I've found to build and package a given extension against
all currently supported version of PostgreSQL.

I couldn't figure out how to allow for wildcard and whatnot in the
extensions Makefile and have it work in all cases, including VPATH, so
my current advice is to get rid of any dynamic code here and just plain
copy and paste the file names you're interested into.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine