Re: Extensions in schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Extensions in schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Is there any particular reason why we can't/don't auto-create schema
> bar when you run "CREATE EXTENSION foo SCHEMA bar"?

We do it when the schema is given in the control file.  I'm not sure off
hand but we maybe only do that when the extension is *not* relocatable.

The idea is that if you're asking for an extension to live in a given
schema, it must already exists, whereas if the extension's author is the
one who says which schema it must live in, then the system is kind
enough to make that happen (and mark the schema as being part of the
extension, I think).

Yeah, I forgot to git pull on this laptop I bring with me at
conferences, so I can't read the sources to tell you for sure.  Expect
me to fix that after landing :)

--
Dimitri Fontaine