Re: (Fwd) Re: Any Oracle 9 users? A test please... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: (Fwd) Re: Any Oracle 9 users? A test please...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Mike> Tom Lane wrote:   >> Yury Bokhoncovich <byg@center-f1.ru> writes:
   >>> As reported by my friend: Oracle 8.1.7 (ver.9 behaves the same way):
   >>> [ to_char(sysdate) advances in a transaction ]
   >> Now I'm really confused; this directly contradicts the report   >> of Oracle 8's behavior that we had earlier
fromRoland Roberts.   >> Can someone explain why the different results?

   Mike> Roland used an anonymous PL/SQL procedure:

You're right and I didn't think enough about what was happening.  This
also explains why I so often see the same timestamp throughout a
transaction---the transaction is all taking place inside a PL/SQL
procedure.

roland
--            PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B