Re: [SQL] pqReadData() error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [SQL] pqReadData() error
Date
List pgsql-sql

> Hi,
>
> I am creating functions from saved in text files on
> PostgreSQL 6.5 on linux by
> $ psql mydb2 <myfunc.txt
>
> If the function is large ( more than say 50 lines) or

    Maybe the functions text portion exceeds 2K?

    There  is  an  index on functions source text in version 6.5.
    It's totally useless, left over from the history.  Now  there
    is  some problem with btree indices when the items exceed 2K,
    that can crash the backend.

    I've removed this index in the actual 7.0 tree.  It's  not  a
    trivial   task   and   requires   an  initdb  run  after  the
    modification. If you want to give it a try, I might help  you
    to do it.

Jan