pqReadData() error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dipankar Chakrabarti
Subject pqReadData() error
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am creating functions from saved in text files on
PostgreSQL 6.5 on linux by
$ psql mydb2 <myfunc.txt

If the function is large ( more than say 50 lines) or
I am creating small functions in series ( like
myfunc1, myfunc2, myfunc3),
suddenly I am getting the following error:
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally       before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further
processing is impossible. Terminating.

After exiting from telnet session and re-entering, I
may create the function again.

I am baffled by this odd behaviour.
Could any body help me with some suggestions?

Regards,

Dipankar Chakrabarti
Senior Manager (Projects)
Mindteck (I) Ltd.