Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
> >> Perhaps this could be driven by a configuration switch?
>
> >     Or maybe some switch to initdb and createdb?
>
> That's a good idea; it would save having to propagate the value out of
> configure and into the places where it'd be needed.

    I've thought a little more about that one and I don't like it
    anymore. It's a bad idea that enabling a language in  such  a
    looser-friendly  way is only possible during db creation, not
    for existing databases.

    I'll remove that from initdb again and instead  add  two  new
    utilities  "installpl"  and  "removepl".  That  way it's also
    possible to automate the process in  scripts  but  it  is  as
    flexible as can.

Jan