Re: [SQL] Function returning multiple rows? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [SQL] Function returning multiple rows?
Date
List pgsql-sql

> Not currently.

    Partly  right.  We cannot return multiple row's (at least the
    return values aren't useful). But an  SQL  language  function
    can return multiple results.

    Only works for SQL language, not C or PL.

    CREATE FUNCTION usersingroup(int4) RETURNS SETOF int4 AS '
        SELECT userid FROM groups WEHRE grp = $1;
    ' LANGUAGE 'sql';

> > When doing a
> >
> > SELECT usersingroup(100);
> >
> > I only get the first row. Is there any way to get all the rows?

    With the above you'll get multiple results. The magic word
    is SETOF.

Jan