Re: Rules (was: Re: [SQL] How can I optimize...) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: Rules (was: Re: [SQL] How can I optimize...)
Date
List pgsql-sql

> I tried Creating RULE with both the example
> In first example both the rule failed with error "old table not found"
> In case of second example
> i managed to create
>
> [...]
>
> ERROR:  old: Table does not exist.
> Please giveme some more info on the KEY word (NEW and OLD).attribute
> Note : iam using postgresql 6.3.2
>
> Thanku , for ur kind help

    DON'T  TRY  TO USE THE RULE SYSTEM IN A v6.3.2 DATABASE. IT'S
    BUGGY AND DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

    All I wrote depends on the major changes  I've  done  in  the
    rule system for v6.4.

    In  v6.4 CURRENT is aliased with OLD and in v6.5 CURRENT will
    disappear completely.

Jan