TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Jan, I am attaching the current TODO list.  Can you tell me which items
> are fixed in 6.4?
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
>

> * CREATE VIEW requires super-user priviledge

    Fixed - regular users can create views and rules

> * views on subselects fail

    Must check that - hope it is already fixed

> * computations in views fail:
>     create view test as select usesysid * usesysid from pg_shadow;

    Will check this too

> * Add full ANSI SQL capabilities
>     * -Implement HAVING clause(Stephan)
>     * add OUTER joins, left and right (Thomas)
>     * make VIEWs updateable where possible

    Rules can be used to make views updateable

> * Fix the rules system(Jan,Soo-Ho)
>     * robust
>     * making INSTEAD rules work
>     * add CONSTRAINT

    The restricted part of rules are robust and instead rules
    work. Constraints could be implemented as rules but would
    require a new RAISE statement. I'll work on constraints
    for 6.5.

> * Allow INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM view to work

    Should work - will check it.

> * Allow views on a UNION
> * Allow DISTINCT on view
> * Allow views of aggregate columns

    Check - not yet - check

> * Allow views to specify column names outside SELECT statement

    ??? what is meant by that?

Jan