Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > >    Do we have regression tests for this?
> > >

> >     No  -  since  PLtcl isn't part of the distribution up to now.
> >     And I think that even if we include PLtcl into  the  dist  we
> >     shouldn't  include  it  into  the  regression  tests  because
> >     building PLtcl requires a  Tcl  installation  (at  least  the
> >     libtcl??.so and tclConfig.sh).
> >
> >     But  it  would  be  O.K.  for  me to include the PLtcl to the
> >     contrib directory and setup a separate test suite there.
>
>    Wait...didn't we just do a patch so that PLs could be used?  Do we
> have regression tests for that?  LIke we have to triggers?

    Up  to  now we don't have a PL that is independent. The patch
    only prepared the backend for a generic PL interface  (CREATE
    PROCEDURAL  LANGUAGE  and  the fmgr changes that a handler is
    called for functions of that language) and I tested all  that
    with PLtcl, which for sake isn't in the dist right now.

    The  current  regression tests only enshure that the slightly
    modified fmgr doesn't break anything that worked before.  And
    I  think  this  should  be  the  state  until  we have a real
    PL/pgSQL.

    I have some ideas  for  a  PL/pgSQL.  And  I  will  create  a
    regression test for it while implementing.