VAX portt was Re: [HACKERS] configure on linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Martin
Subject VAX portt was Re: [HACKERS] configure on linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You misunderstand me.  I didn't suggest removing the S_LOCK() et al
> macros.  What I meant was that the actual assembly implementation of
> tas() itself might be better off in a separate source file.  As an
> example, here is my current version of the locking code for the VAX,
> in s_lock.h (bbssi is "branch on bit set and set, interlocked"):
>
> static int tas(slock_t *lock) {

With the difficult bit done, maybe I should take a look at getting it
running on the old VMS uVAX-II I have sitting at home :-)

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775