The new 'isinf.c' function in port. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Billy G. Allie
Subject The new 'isinf.c' function in port.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Marc,

I was looking at the new 'isinf.c' function in the src/backend/port directory.
I have a question about the inclusion of cases for FP_SNAN and FP_QNAN.

    Does the 'isinf' function mean "not finite" or "is infinity"?

If it is to mean "not finite", then (IMHO) then checking for FP_SNAN and
FP_QNAN is appropiate.  If it is to mean "is infinity", then the function
should only be checking (again, IHMO) for FP_NINF and FP_PINF.

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |