Re: client that supports editing views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: client that supports editing views
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Keller wrote on 08.02.2014 12:31:
>> If pgAdmin is acceptable, you might want to try SQL Workbench/J:
>> http://www.sql-workbench.net
>
> I'd like to revive that discussion and like to know:
> Q1 => Can anybody recommend a >> desktop GUI tool (preferrably open
> source) << for PG with customizable forms like Access or FileMaker?
>
> I know this list [1] - but either it's an admin tool (scary for users)
> or it's an abandoned project/product.
>
> My current short list is either pgAdmin, SQL Workbench/J or Postgres
> Forms (altough abandoned?).
> My question here is:
> Q2 => Does it make sense to write a plugin for pgAdmin (in C/C++) or
> SQL Workbench/J (Java) or Forms (Tkl)??

I can (obviously) only answer for SQL Workbench/J

SQL Workbench does not support plugins and it's primary target audience are developers or users comfortable using SQL.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have no intention to make it more "end-user friendly" or turn it into a full blown
"formsapplication".

Regards
Thomas