Re: client that supports editing views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Keller
Subject Re: client that supports editing views
Date
Re: client that supports editing views  (alexandros_e <alexandros.ef@gmail.com>)
Re: client that supports editing views  (Wolfgang Keller <feliphil@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

2013-12-09 Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>:
> Willy-Bas Loos wrote on 09.12.2013 21:44:
>> I've tried:
>> * pgAdmin
>> * MS Access 2010 over ODBC
>> * LibreOffice.org with the SDBC driver.
> If pgAdmin is acceptable, you might want to try SQL Workbench/J:
> http://www.sql-workbench.net

I'd like to revive that discussion and like to know:
Q1 => Can anybody recommend a >> desktop GUI tool (preferrably open
source) << for PG with customizable forms like Access or FileMaker?

I know this list [1] - but either it's an admin tool (scary for users)
or it's an abandoned project/product.

My current short list is either pgAdmin, SQL Workbench/J or Postgres
Forms (altough abandoned?).
My question here is:
Q2 => Does it make sense to write a plugin for pgAdmin (in C/C++) or
SQL Workbench/J (Java) or Forms (Tkl)??

-- Stefan

[1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools
[2] http://pfm.projects.pgfoundry.org/