Re: run COPY as user other than postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasen Betts
Subject Re: run COPY as user other than postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2013-04-23, Kirk Wythers <wythe001@umn.edu> wrote:
> I would like to run the COPY command as a user other than "postgres". I find it a bit of a pain (or at least
requiringan extra step or two) to have the postgres user own the files that I am creating with COPY TO. Here is a
simpleexample where the location '/some/path/to/file/file.csv' is owned by another user and it would be very spiffy if
Icould run the COPY TO as that user. Any ideas?

> COPY (
>     SELECT * FROM
>         some_table
>     WHERE
>         2012 = EXTRACT (YEAR FROM some_column) --AND value IS NOT NULL
> )
>     TO '/some/path/to/file/file.csv' WITH CSV HEADER;

Can you use the \copy macro in psql?

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural