Re: run COPY as user other than postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: run COPY as user other than postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 2013-04-23, Kirk Wythers <wythe001@umn.edu> wrote:
> > I would like to run the COPY command as a user other than "postgres". I find it a bit of a pain (or at least
requiringan extra step or two) to have the postgres user own the files that I am creating with COPY TO. Here is a
simpleexample where the location '/some/path/to/file/file.csv' is owned by another user and it would be very spiffy if
Icould run the COPY TO as that user. Any ideas?

Write your own client that uses the copy interface to
load a file from wherever and send it to the server.

Or just use the one built in to psql, as Jasen suggested.

--
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>