Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 07:47 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking that the reason we weren't going to beta was
>> because of the SR open items, but I'm starting to think there's not
>> much left that really needs to be dealt with.  The ones from that list
>> I think we should fix yet are:
>>
>> - Walreceiver and dblink are not interruptible on win32.
>> - The documentation needs to be improved (if there's still more to do)
>> - Redefine smart shutdown in standby mode? (i'm working on this)
>> - The replication connections consume superuser_reserved_connections slots.
>>
>> The other stuff strikes me as all window dressing.
>
> I'm not happy that "other stuff" just gets punted. Things should
> definitely not be removed from Open Items list when there is still
> discussion/objection on them. The purpose of discussion on hackers is so
> that we take note of those items, not just shrug and walk away from them
> because some weeks have passed since they were mentioned. I shouldn't
> have to keep a personal list of things I've objected to, so I can refute
> what other people say.

If we never removed anything upon which there wasn't 100% consensus,
we would never release.  But no one is talking about removing items
without discussing them.  We are talking about discussing the
possibility of removing some of them.

...Robert