Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 07:47 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> I've been thinking that the reason we weren't going to beta was
> because of the SR open items, but I'm starting to think there's not
> much left that really needs to be dealt with.  The ones from that list
> I think we should fix yet are:
>
> - Walreceiver and dblink are not interruptible on win32.
> - The documentation needs to be improved (if there's still more to do)
> - Redefine smart shutdown in standby mode? (i'm working on this)
> - The replication connections consume superuser_reserved_connections slots.
>
> The other stuff strikes me as all window dressing.

I'm not happy that "other stuff" just gets punted. Things should
definitely not be removed from Open Items list when there is still
discussion/objection on them. The purpose of discussion on hackers is so
that we take note of those items, not just shrug and walk away from them
because some weeks have passed since they were mentioned. I shouldn't
have to keep a personal list of things I've objected to, so I can refute
what other people say.