Re: Slow function in queries SELECT clause. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Davor J.
Subject Re: Slow function in queries SELECT clause.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks Tom,

Your concepts of "inlining" and "black box" really cleared things up for me.
With fnc_unit_convert() written in SQL and declared as STABLE I indeed have
fast performance now.

I appreciate the note on the IMMUTABLE part. The table contents should not
change in a way to affect the functions. So, as far as I understand the
Postgres workings, this shouldn't pose a problem.

Regards,
Davor