Re: Is there any oracle user_source table equivalent in postgre? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Is there any oracle user_source table equivalent in postgre?
Date
List pgsql-general
venkatrao.b@tcs.com, 05.03.2010 12:40:

> Hello,
>
> Can any one help me if oracle like any user_source table is there in
> postgre 8.4 (in pg_catalog or information_schema).
> Actually we migrated code from Oracle to Postgre. Now i want to search
> in how many places( i.e. in functions ) we have used a particular
> syntax( e.g. current_date). This can be achieved by using data
> dictionary view user_source in oracle.
>
> thanks in advance...

Source code for stored functions is available in pg_catalog.pg_proc.prosrc
Source code for views is available in pg_catalog.pg_views.definition

All catalog views are documented here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalogs.html

Thomas

P.S.: it's either Postgres or PostgreSQL but never Postgre ;)