Re: how to install postgresql on windows without admin privileges - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: how to install postgresql on windows without admin privileges
Date
List pgsql-novice
Ibrahim Shaame wrote on 26.08.2009 17:38:
> Hello,
>     I usually use postgresql on Linux. /At/ my work I use Window$ and
> don't have admin priviledges, but would like to install postgresql so
> that I can play with it when I have some time. Is there a way to do so?

If you don't need it as a service the it's pretty simply:

download the ZIP archive binaries from

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgbindownload.do

unzip the archive and then run initdb from the commandline to create the database cluster. To start the server, simply
run"pg_ctl -D \Path\To\Datadir start"

Regards
Thomas